eCompanyStore is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of this site hosted by eCompanyStore.
EU – US and Swiss - US Privacy Shield
These are our promises to you:
1. Notice. eCompanyStore believes you have the right to be informed about personal information collected and provides transparent notice to online visitors and consumers with clear and accurate information about our policies, and our compliance with privacy and data protection. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
2. Choice. We’ll give you the choice to opt-in or opt-out regarding the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. We will not release this information to unaffiliated third parties, unless you request it or expressly consent to it, or this data is provided specifically to help complete a customer-initiated transaction, or the disclosure is required by law, or the consumer has been informed about the possibility of disclosure and decided not to opt-out. If personal information is provided to an affiliated third party (i.e. vendor, service provider, or other partner), eCompanyStore will require the third party to adhere to the same privacy data principles as those that apply to eCompanyStore.
3. Accountability for Onward Transfer. The EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework allows the transfer of personal information to a third party, who acts as a service provider or a vendor, if certain steps are taken to assure privacy and security protections. Under these circumstances, we will take all reasonable steps to require any third-party recipient to protect your personal information relevant to the Privacy Shield Framework. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, eCompanyStore is potentially liable.
4. Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We limit access of personal information only to individuals who have an authorized purpose for accessing that information. Our information technology infrastructure has been designed according to documented security policies, while compliance and auditing controls are supported on an ongoing basis. Our employees are trained on privacy principles and are required to sign confidentiality agreements. We have assigned an Information Security Officer the role and responsibility to manage our information security program.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. It is eCompanyStore’s goal to maintain accurate data and provide mechanisms for you to access, correct or delete your personal data. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law. Privacy Shield data will only be used to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
6. Access. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their personal data. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies. You have a right to access, review and correct your personal information by requesting it by email or the correspondence listed in the “Access to Your Personal Information’ section below.
7. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. eCompanyStore completes a privacy compliance assessment at least annually and will make improvements to our controls and processes based on those results. In the event of any privacy or collection complaints, eCompanyStore provides recourse mechanisms for dispute resolution, in order to allow expedient resolution of such matters. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices. There is a possibility, under certain limited conditions, for individuals to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
Collecting your Personal Information
eCompanyStore will collect personal information that can identify you if you choose to register in an eCompanyStore hosted online store. Information such as your name, title, company or organization name, work e-mail, work phone, work or home address, and at the time of order placement, credit card information and other similar information (“Your Information”) when it is voluntarily submitted to us. We will use Your Information to respond to requests regarding your account, and from time to time, we may refer to Your Information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products and services.
This Site may collect certain anonymous information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider (ISP) and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the web Site from which you linked directly to our Site. None of this information is personally-identifiable (however, see discussion below about “IP Addresses” if you have a broadband connection). This anonymous information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site, and is discarded when this process is completed.
Use of your Personal Information
This site may use a technology known as web beacons - sometimes called single- pixel gifs - that allow this site to collect web log information. A web beacon is a graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our websites by the computer that hosts our website (called a “webserver”). The webserver automatically recognizes some non-personal information, such as the date and time you visited our site, the pages you visited, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 8), and the domain name and address of your Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened.
This website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site.
This website uses Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a “dynamic” address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections your IP Address doesn’t change (it is “static”) and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the website.
You should be aware that this site is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is an individual under the age of 18.
The personal information eCompanyStore collects will be used to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. This may include using the personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications; to improve the product or service; and to provide you with more effective customer service. The Site also uses the information it collects to make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Site to your particular preference or interests.
Control of your Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of eCompanyStore and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission. Additionally, eCompanyStore does not share personal information to third parties without consumer consent.
We may share Your Information with controlled subsidiaries and affiliates of eCompanyStore in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, eCompanyStore. These controlled subsidiaries and affiliates are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for eCompanyStore, or services for the collaboration in which they and eCompanyStore are engaged.
eCompanyStore is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission and reserves the right to share Your Information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law. eCompanyStore may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national
security or law enforcement requirements. In exceptionally rare circumstances where national, state or company security is at issue (such as with the World Trade Center terrorist act in September, 2001), eCompanyStore reserves the right to share our entire database of visitors and customers with appropriate governmental authorities.
Access to your Personal Information
Customer information is collected by eCompanyStore and stored at eCompanyStore.
You can review and edit the personal information collected at this Site by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or writing to:
5945 Cabot Pkwy
Bldg 200 Ste 150
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005
Independent Recourse Mechanism
Attn: Dispute Resolution
5945 Cabot Pkwy
Bldg 200 Ste 150
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005
eCompanyStore has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/file-a-complaint for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Security of your Personal Information
eCompanyStore is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
All credit card transactions are processed in U.S. dollars. Based on your credit card banking institution, foreign transactions fees may apply and vary from one institution to another. You may purchase by using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. For your protection, the name and billing address you enter on your personal profiles must match your credit card billing statement so we may process your order.